Thursday, January 21, 2016

~UnBoxing~ OwlCrate YA Book Subscription Book for All Ages & Discount! Get Nerdy!

I received no compensation for this post, I will receive a discount if you sign up for a subscription

OMG I just love books, I think most of you know that. I also have a sneaky obsession for those young adult paranormal or fantasy books. Yes at 38 I love YA. Just saying, it's ok if you do too. It's also something fun I can share (of have her steal) with my seventeen year old daughter. I honestly will read anything if it's a good book. One of my favorite all time hands down youth series are the Harry Potter books. I mean they were so descriptive and well written and I loved how they moved up with the kids. I bought them for my much younger brother (twelve years younger) and it was something for him and I to enjoy together over the years. Now my baby brother is a genius so when he said you need to read Harry Potter I thought hmmmm maybe there is something to these. I will never not try a book, so I did and boy was I hooked. How can you not love that series and how it grew up with that late 80's early 90's youth. What a great concept!

So this months OwlCrate theme was MAGIC. I knew there would be some Harry Potter in this box and so I decided it was time to try it out and give you all a review. I don't do video unboxings all that often but I did for this one. It was just too much fun. OwlCrate is $29.99 a month and if you do a six month signup you get a discount. You can also get 10% off your first OwlCrate for being a new member with the code NEWMEMBER. It's a really good deal as you will see below, and well just fun. I love getting little gifts in the mail, don't you?

Want to see my unboxing video? Check it out on my YouTube Page HERE! Now onto the goodies. I seriously watched the mailbox every day for this, and it was hard to get the camera out when all I wanted to do was start reading.

First up is the Spoiler Warning Postcard that tells you what is in your box. This is on card stock and heavy and the best thing is, the other side is adorable and totally able to be framed. It's going up on my Harry Potter wall.

Next up is the awesome POP Vinyl Funko Figure of Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter movies. The estimated value is $10.57. This I was so happy with, as I stated, I adore Harry Potter, books and movies!

Next up was the super looking Bookmark by Elvie Bookish. It was inspired by the The Raven Cycle Series by Maggie Stiefvater. I found some other things she has for sale at society6 I estimate the bookmark value at around $4.

Then there was a little card stock for an eBook A Knot in the Grain by Robin McKinley. Sadly it was not free and it costs $3.99 but has a savings of $3 making it almost half off. The book looks very interesting if I do say so.

Next was the cute art print also by Elvie Bookish. It was inspired from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I thought it was so cute and want to frame it for my wall or dresser. I love the stars and flowers. It's made of heavy card stock, and the value is $12.50.

Next up is the fantastic smelling (and tasting) Patronus white chocolate mint lip balm from Geek Fire Labs. This has a value of $4 and check out some of their other stuff, so fun!

Last up was this months included book. Every month you receive a new book to read. Best part in my opinion. The book is Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley. This was already on my GoodReads bookshelf along with all the others in this box, which I find too funny. You can follow me on GoodReads if you want to. Included with the book was a sweet little note from the author just for OwlCrate subscribers and a paper doll set. Yes you heard my right, a paper doll set. I adore paper dolls, so I am thrilled! I wish they were still popular. The retail value of the book itself is $12 and you really can't put a price on a special note and the dolls.

So all in total I give this box a value of $46.07 not including the adorable OwlCrate Stock Card, the note or the paper dolls that were included. That is a great value for what the box costs and I certainly recommend this box. It is my new favorite. As I stated above OwlCrate is $29.99 a month and if you do a six month signup you get a discount. You can also get 10% off your first OwlCrate for being a new member with the code NEWMEMBER. Please sign up HERE! ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment