Saturday, March 7, 2015

~DIY & Review~ Deluxe Flickering LED Tea Lights - Primitive DIY Tutorial

~I received these for my honest review, all opinions are 100% my own.~

Who doesn't love flickering lights? They are such a good mood setting, but candles can be expensive and dangerous. I have used flicker tea lights for years but am in love with these Deluxe Flickering LED Tea Lights by GETCANDLED. They are super cute just how they come but I like to mix it up a little.

Do it Yourself Primitive Flicker Lights

What you Need- Everything can be found at Wallyworld!

A Pan to heat wax in. I prefer one you plug in. Just leave excess wax in for another project.
Wax (Brown if you can find it)
Brown and/or Black coloring
Cinnamon in a small dish or on wax paper.

1-Melt the wax in the pan, not too hot..you don't want to burn yourself.
2-Add a couple drops of brown coloring, and one of black. Add more as needed.

3-Dip lights in the wax and pull out. Immediately roll in cinnamon.
4-Repeat step 3 a couple times till it's the thickness you desire.

These pretty much dry instantly. Put in a dish or on your table...That's it!

Want to buy a box of your own to try? You can buy them on Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. I love these tea lights, great way to add these to the table for the holiday, a I love that they are safer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun. I loved the DIY project for them. They are a lot safer as well. I use Scentsy a lot. But sometimes you just need that mood lighting. These are perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great to keep kids from tipping over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tea lights are cute. It's a great way to dress up your home decor.

    ReplyDelete