Friday, June 27, 2014

Bring on the Babies!

Of course in between all our farm duties we still have shows to sell at and prims to make...Don has been working hard to make some things for me because I rarely get anything made with 2 babies and the farm to care for. I try and keep the house picked up so no one else has to do to much. Doing that with a baby and a toddler running around is time consuming. I guess the baby doesn't RUN does he, ha ha! In case you didn't know the reason I have been nowhere to be found for a little over 2 years is I was having those babies. I don't do well when I am pregnant. So I spent the majority of the last 2 years on bed rest or in the hospital! On 12-26-2012 I had my 5th baby and 4th boy. He is my only child out of six not named after a relative. We decided on a good Scottish name for him, and then thought...well Thane is a bit odd we better use it in the middle. Well then what do you know, I went in to labor the day after Christmas, so baby Nikolas Thane he became!

Now as many of you know my next oldest child is Thomas and he is about to turn 9...well we didn't want Nikolas to be a spoiled bratty semi only child so we decided we should have one more. But we knew it had better be quick. I was pushing the too old age bracket pretty quickly. So when Niko was about 8 months old we got pregnant again. WOW, having two babies that close together was much more than I bargained for...Being 36 and pregnant with a toddler was too much. Thankfully I have wonderful kids and a husband who were a ton of help during that time. So on April 26th, 2014 I went in and we had baby number six, boy number five. We named him Theodore Donald Albert-Francisco after three great grandfathers. The odds are in Emily's favor I suppose to be the only girl.

Now just so you know something about my other babies...My first and only girl just turned 16. Emily Elizabeth-Ann was such a wonderful blessing to us. Imagine being the only girl with 5 brothers! Poor thing! I named her after Lizzie of course. Next in line is my Jimmy, James Robert. He was until Nikolas my only dark headed baby. We named him after my grandfather who died while I was pregnant with him and his daddy. Followed by Mickey Mouse (don't tell him I posted that) His real name is Michael Marion, and is named after his father's daddy. Last but not least is the one I thought would always be my baby, Thomas Daniel. He also is named after family, my great-grandfather and his uncle.
So there you have it....and no I am not at 6 kids an counting. Teddy will be the last. As many of you know I have terrible fibromyalgia and Lupus. So there will be no more babies for me, and anyhow I do so enjoy the six blessings I have!

2 comments:

  1. I am the 5th of 6 children :-) I enjoyed growing up in a big family! Your children are beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea. I always wanted a big family!

      Delete